1st Evaluation Cycle (1994-2003)
The evaluation in the Association of North German Universities developed further over time. Thereby, this consists of both the process of the internal evaluation and the external evaluation and the instrument of the follow-up. Within the framework of the internal evaluation, the subjects presented each a comprehensive self-description and a strengths and weaknesses analysis. These self-reports, and an on-site visit to the respective University, enabled the reviewers the possibility of a comprehensive assessment that was completed by pronounced recommendations. Subsequently, the recommenda-tions of the experts were discussed in an open process in the evaluating conference and implications were deduced for the course of study on the part of the expert representatives. The projects and actions of the subjects then led to a University internal target agreement.
In the 1st Cycle, all those subjects that were offered to more than two universities have been evaluated between 1994 and 2003.
- Biology and German studies (1994/1995)
- Computer science and economic sciences (1995/1996)
- Chemistry and history (1996/1997)
- English studies, earth sciences and mathematics (1997/1998)
- Education, physics and Romance studies (1998/1999)
- Legal sciences, psychology and sports science (1999/2000)
- Geography, sociology/political science and philosophy (2000/2001)
- Slavic studies and theology (2002/2003).
In 2001/2002, the evaluation of the institutional strategies was tested with the internationalization strategies.